Living and learning life.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Full circle.

Yesterday I had a moment.  I went to Costco.  And this got me thinking that it has been just over a year since I started this blog.  Remember what my first post (after the explanation of the blog) was about?  Costco.  I recalled that just a year ago, I dragged my newborn daughter with me through a torrential downpour to stock up on essentials, only to find that no Jenga skills could assist me in cramming them into my rollerskate of a car, and that I still had to heave them up the apartment steps upon my return home.  Fast-forward to yesterday: new toddler, almost new son, no rain, new car, no steps to traverse.  Though I realize a simple trip to Costco is commonplace and quite materialistic; it was the symbolism of the whole experience that moved me.  We have come a long way. 

Pic 1: Super fun playdate with the Moen's last night to Play Boutique followed by dinner at Azteca.  Check out Hannah and Rynnie (and Deb) in the bouncy castle.  I think Deb enjoyed it the most (seriously).  Please excuse the cell phone resolution.

Video 1: She is soooo Mommy's girl!


Video 2: Tandem slides!

On a final note, we did have a funny/sad moment at dinner last night.  Rynnie finally met her match in spicy salsa.  After munching on dipped chips for a good 10 minutes, all of the sudden she looked at me and yelled "all done" while wiping her face and blowing.  We knew instantly she had gotten a full mouthful of jalapeno.  It was hard not to laugh at the poor red-faced foodie.  Also, miss Petunia had her 15-month doctor's appointment this week and she is a healthy 23 lb, 11 oz (75th percentile), 32 inch (90th percentile) toddler!  The shots get harder and harder on her; this time she yelled "no no no no no no no!!!" as the horrible, mean nurses stuck the needles in.  Those damn nurses.

1 comment:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
New mother to Camryn and loving wife to Kevin.