Living and learning life.

Monday, February 21, 2011

February

Okay, so I guess I'll just call this post "February" because I know I've been absent this month.  We will sum it up in one big update.  Well, we closed on the house on January 25th.  We immediately jumped in and got started on completely redoing all of the floors, to include new hardwoods in the entire house, new carpet in the bedrooms, fresh paint on every single surface to include the cupboards, and brand new appliances.  Kevin has been working with his buddy (also Kevin) to install the floors and paint, and he has learned a ton about home improvement in the process.  We are both learning that home projects always take longer than projected.  But our new furniture was delivered today and we stocked our fridge and thus we are well on our way to actually enjoying our new place.  Rynnie has had no trouble adjusting and loves the vastly increased square footage!  While Kev was sweating over construction projects and single handedly improving Lowe's stock worth, Rynnie and I escaped the dust and paint fumes (not healthy for a toddler and our unborn son) and went to California to hang with my family.  We even brought our friends Jenn and Oskar for a little sun, swimming and adventure.  I can't say it was relaxing, as Jenn and I both learned that traveling sans husband is not easy with a toddler.  We had a fun week, so much in fact, that Ryn and I returned the next week for a repeat performance (while Kevin continued to slave away).  Needless to say, though we had a fabulous time in Palm Desert, we couldn't wait to get back to the man in our lives and our new home!  We hope you all visit soon!


Pic 1: Jenn took so many wonderful pics, including this blue eyed beauty.

 Pic 2: Had to put on my new shades to greet Nana at the airport!

 Pic 3: Kevin and I were so surprised the other day when Camryn grabbed an apple and just started going for it.  She really does eat it, even if her bites are tiny.

Pic 4: Off to the pool!

Pic 5: Bubble bath with my man Oskar.

Pic 6: Bathing beauty.

Pic 7: Did I mention that her hair has gone through a recent growth spurt?

Pic 8: Another new talent: coloring!  Needs some redirecting to the actual paper, but she gets it.

Pic 9: We paid a fun visit to the zoo.  I brought my double stroller to test it out.  I lost count of the number of people asking Jenn and I if they were twins.  I'm sure you can guess what they thought about us two ladies together...

Pic 10: My ad campaign for birth control.

Pic 11: The zoo had a sandbox that kept Rynnie super busy.  

Pic 12: She's off!

Pic 13: Nothing can keep this girl away from the water hazards.

Pic 14: Swimming with mommy.  This kid is so fearless, she repeatedly tried to jump into the deep end.  I think I had about 27 heart attacks.

Pic 15: She jumps in all by herself!

Pic 16: Long hair = new hair styles!

 Pic 17: Another new hair style (after the pig tails were removed).

Pic 18: Baby brother at 24 weeks!

Pic 19: Handsome Daddy's new work photo.

And some videos!!!

Video 1: New talent: putting on lotion.


Video 2: Jumping in the pool.


Video 3: Give me more ice cream now!

1 comment:

  1. You look great and the little lizard tongue in the ice cream video is really funny! :) Can't wait to see you guys again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
New mother to Camryn and loving wife to Kevin.