Living and learning life.

Monday, May 2, 2011

Reality is setting in.

Wow!  What a fantastic weekend we had.  In fact, I told Kevin just last night that Saturday was one of the best days I have ever had.  No joke.  I just feel so lucky to have wonderful friends and family, a healthy daughter and son, a beautiful roof over our head, good jobs...call it preggo hormones if you'd like, but LIFE IS GOOD.  First, Lynsey came to visit us from San Diego on Friday.  We had fun just hanging out and relaxing.  Later that afternoon, Grandma Kerry and Grandpa Jerry joined us.  Saturday, Great Grandma Bonnie and Great Grandpa Jerry arrived and us ladies attended the most wonderful baby "sprinkle" thrown by Jenn and Angela.  We received more gifts than we could ever possibly need.  Totally spoiled.  Meanwhile, the men put the baby's crib together and got the furniture set up in the new nursery.  Overlay the entire weekend in rare Portland Spring sunshine and our weekend was complete.  We were extremely sad to see everyone leave on Sunday, but it was probably for the best since Rynnie and I both came down with bad colds Sunday evening.  35 weeks pregnant with a cold = torture.  Still, I started organizing the new baby's room this afternoon and reality hit me hard.  In just a few short weeks we will be responsible for another person's life.  Two children to feed.  Two children to put to sleep every night.  Obviously we are thrilled and are going nuts with excitement waiting for the little dude to arrive; but of course we are a little nervous too.  I mean, how does one even stay dry while changing a diaper that contains a penis anyways???

Pic 1: Love my Auntie Lyn!

Pic 2: A visit to Play Boutique and Auntie Lyn's first encounter with a bouncy house.  A moment she will never forget!

Pic 3: After Play Boutique, a girl craves Azteca tortilla chips.  By the handful.

 Pic 4: My girl and I at the "sprinkle".  Pic by Jenn.

Pic 5: Kayleigh, Ryn and Lana look like little baby models.  Pic by Jenn.

Pic 6: Kevin and I literally laughed out loud for several minutes at this cute pic by Jenn.  We think she looks exactly like Grandma Bonnie!

Pic 7: Bumping "bumps" with Jodi.  Pic by Jenn.

Pic 8: Rynnie loved the cake of course.  So much she saved some for later.  Pic by Jenn.

Pic 9: Delicious cake.  The leftovers are still being enjoyed.

Pic 10: Relaxing at the shower.

Pic 11: The original Mom and Daughter.

Pic 12: Showing Grandpa all of our new gifts.


Video 1: Dance party!

Video 2: Bubbles at our family barbeque Saturday night.

Video 3: "Let me try!".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
New mother to Camryn and loving wife to Kevin.