We thought it was a result of the Similac recall (link provided for those of you living under a rock) and subsequent introduction of generic formula. My facebook status properly sums up the flight to Denver Ryn and I took to visit my grandparents, mom (Nana), and thousands of aunts, uncles and cousins: After 2.5 hours, a handful of Cheerios, and 8 ounces (precisely) of projectile vomit (think Exorcist), we landed in Denver. Huge apologies to the gentleman in seat 23B, we owe you big time. Like Starbucks. Or new pants. Note to self: NEVER FLY WITHOUT KEVIN AGAIN.
Turns out it wasn't the recall that caused poor little Rynnie to vomit all over row 23. It was the 24 hour flu. I know this because I got it the very next day. Endless, nauseating, wretching, sour, toilet-worshipping, lose 15 pounds, flu. It was the worst case I've ever had. And of course it happend on the very day my Grandma prepared dinner for 17 of my closest family members, who I haven't seen in years. Have I mentioned what an AMAZING cook my grandma is?? Famous potato salad, brisket, a gorgeous salad, seven-layer dip, two types of cake, THREE KINDS OF ICE CREAM... Worst day ever to catch a bug. Somehow I managed to survive the day, and Ryn was happy playing with Nana and her second cousins. Not sure if I'll ever be invited back to Denver however, as the flu victims now include my grandparents, two uncles, an aunt and two cousins. Seriously. Don't I feel like a jerk.
Despite our battle with the flu, we had a great, albeit quick, weekend in Denver and we hope to be back soon (healthy this time, and with Kevin of course). Next time the adventures will take place away from the toilet.
Pic 1: Ready for take-off! Approximately one hour from projectile vomit.
Pic 2: Green with the flu. "Mom, is this how the entire weekend is going down? You with a camera in my face?".
Pic 3: Everyone at pizza the first night. Note Jen and her new man Joe. We loved him!
Pic 4: Nana and Great Nana.
Pic 5: The next day. Mom is now green with the flu. Four generations of first-born ladies.
Pic 6: I met this great friend named Max. He let me ride on him like a horse.
Pic 7: Nana and I getting ready for bed.
Pic 8: Some of my favorite toys at Great Nana's: paper and magazines from the recycling can and CDs.
Pic 9: After my destruction.
Pic 10: Another favorite toy at Great Nana's: the dishwasher. (She climbed in here all by herself).
Pic 11: I also loved playing with some pots and pans and wooden spoons.
Pic 12: Ready to fly home to Daddy!!
AND...HAPPY 9 MONTHS CAMRYN ILENE!

No comments:
Post a Comment