Living and learning life.

Friday, March 12, 2010

If I wasn't already happily hitched, I think I'd marry Spanx.

Yes Spanx, those sexy little numbers that shape up your post-pregnancy booty and eliminate that oh-so-fashionable accessory known as Muffin Top.  I might not be back to normal size, but I can sure fake it!  All women should invest in a pair.

So I squeezed into my Spanx this morning (and consequently fit into a pair of my pre-pregnancy jeans!) and headed off to meet my friend Jodi and her adorable seven month-old daughter (and Cam's new BFF) Lainnie at the mall.  Just another escape from the rain.  We viewed the walking as exercise (hopefully with enough walking, I won't have to rely on my fashionable industrious Spanx much longer).  Jodi and her husband Doug are long lost friends from the good old Wazzu days and I can't express enough how wonderful it is to have a genuine girlfriend again.  It is especially fun because she is also a new mother, and just like us, they moved to Portland only weeks ago.  We have so much to chat about, vent about, and brag about together.  We are already planning so many fun play dates such as swimming at the community pool, zoo trips, story time at the library, and of course, more shopping trips. 

It is totally mind-blowing how fast Camryn is changing these days.  In fact, right now she is sitting in her little pink "massage" chair (that lucky little diva) and chatting away with me.  Every once in awhile she will stop babbling long enough to give me that huge toothless smile that I'd gladly give up my Spanx for.

Pic of the day: Camryn enjoying the shopping trip with a relaxing mid-morning snooze.

And another pic of the day:  I love you guys!

Oh... and P.S.  She just rolled over for the first time!  I tried desperately to get her to do it again so I could record it and share with you all (I'm already such a soccer mom!) but she got shy. 

1 comment:

  1. Everyone that sees her pictures always says "I love her lips!"
    I am so happy you and Cam have found friends in LO.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
New mother to Camryn and loving wife to Kevin.